Honey, I’m home! Or something like that. It’s nice, but a bit average at the same time.
More importantly though is the big guy sitting up top. That’s a seal, and it was not taken with zoom and it was not taken through a fence. It’s a seal who was just casually sitting on the side of the road. That’s what I’ve been dealing with. I got pretty excited and I’ve got more cool stuff like that to share once I’ve got my life together properly.
So goodness time:
- Palliser Bay, Palliser Bay is both good and bad, it’s good because it has things like seals and is really pretty and isolated. But it’s also so isolated that it has no internet/ cellphone coverage which is a bit of a killer. All up I’ll give it a high five though because it wasn’t as unbearable as I thought it would be.
- Fires, when we were in Palliser we had little pot belly fires which we kept stoked up. Looking back on it I have no idea why I didn’t take any photos because they were awesome – you want to cook some garlic bread? Just put it on top of the fire! I wish that I had a fire like that at home.
- Otaki, I wish I hadn’t been sick while we were away because I definitely wasn’t my sunniest but Otaki is still one of the best places on earth. It helps that my grandparents live there. You know what isn’t a great place? Palmerston North. But we won’t dwell on that. Otaki is best.
- Getting great responses about blog posts, I got a really nice couple of tweets/ emails from Old Mout in response to my Hot Berry Cider review. That brand just keeps getting better, it’s also a ‘something that is good’ because it is just so damn tasty.
- I finished Brave New World and Junky this week. I’m hoping to slip in the fifth ASOIAF book and Queer as well before uni gets too mad crazy. That’s probably my number one favourite thing about the holidays – being able to read things that aren’t specifically for uni.
- Also I’ve got my little sister in on the blogging buzz. My sister Izzy is a total information hog, she always needs to know why things happen and all the behind the scenes details (her particular interests are natural disasters, Doctor Who and House of Anubis). After seeing Veg’s blog, Never Seconds I decided that blogging can be a really good way to get kids practicing their writing – perfecting grammar, spelling, presentation etc. It’s also a good sister project. So voila, Izzy now has a blog. It’s still very early days as she’s only allowed to publish things which I’ve subbed and we’re still working out the format etc but hey it’s all part of the fun.
- Finally, today I started watching Breaking Bad. I know that I’m really late into the piece but well, I just missed out and now I have three days to watch four seasons. Apparently that’s physically impossible, but I’ll get there. I’m excited because a. The pilot was awesome and b. Adam gets really excited when he talks about it which is also fun. I apologise in advance for future fangirling.
I’m getting my hair cut and coloured tomorrow and I’m super excited. Be excited for me. Also, does anyone reading this come from Gisborne? If so, I need your help! Comment below so that I can explain more!